Creativity and New Media

Zepeto is an app that allows you to create a 3D animated version of yourself and has social networking capabilities in which you can interact and "meet" with individuals in a virtual town, connect with real life friends by visiting their "house" or homepage of their avatar and use chatrooms. One feature that I have enjoyed using on the app is creating my own self-made emojis using my avatar and sending them to my friends. It allows you to customize it in a variety of ways such as what it says or how it looks like. However, there are templates for these emojis if you're not sure what to make. You can also customize your avatar after it is made for you (when you first download the app it asks you to take a picture of yourself so they can try to create an avatar that looks like you). Additionally, you can change facial features, clothes, and create your own living space as a background for other avatars to find you. Another feature on the app is creating photo-style booth snaps of yourself with other Zepeto avatars in various poses. I was able to connect with my real life friends through this app and we were able to "take photos" together. We were also able to visit each others pages and interact with their avatars by clicking on them as well. The app allows you to customize your avatar and how it interacts in these many creative ways. Below are some of the photo-booth style pictures my friends and I have "taken" - I'm the one in the plaid shirt.


                       

Comments

  1. I love your avatar, it's so cute! And this app sounds amazing and something I would've loved as a kid or teenager! This seems like a really cool, updated version of things like Club Penguin or other platforms where people can customize their avatars and meet new friends.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts